Cannot convert from .doc to .pdf

Dec 21, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Tried convert .doc to pdf - nothing happens( .docx to pdf works fine)?

Coordinator
Dec 21, 2011 at 2:31 PM

I tried this solution again and worked fine for me. Can you try again with some .doc files conversion?

Let me know if you still face the issue.

Thanks,

Rajan Garg

Dec 21, 2011 at 2:36 PM
I tried it few times with negative result. May be I’m missing some configuration settings?
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 9:31 AM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: Cannot convert from .doc to .pdf [SPWordToPDFConverter:283738]

I tried this solution again and worked fine for me. Can you try again with some .doc files conversion?

Let me know if you still face the issue.

Thanks,

Rajan Garg

Coordinator
Dec 21, 2011 at 3:40 PM

How you created the .doc file? Have you saved the word file to .doc format or change the extension of .docx file to .doc? (asked bcoz for curiosity)

Dec 23, 2011 at 6:45 PM
I don’t remember how I created the file , I got converted but eventually but it took very long time(for .docx it was way quicker)
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 10:40 AM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: Cannot convert from .doc to .pdf [SPWordToPDFConverter:283738]

How you created the .doc file? Have you saved the word file to .doc format or change the extension of .docx file to .doc? (asked bcoz for curiosity)

Coordinator
Dec 24, 2011 at 10:21 AM

Hi,

When we request for conversion on SharePoint. Word Automation service puts job details in database queue (first come first serve) and picks any pending job from database every 15 mins (set default and can be changed). You can also manually execute the job. For mine also it took long for initial conversions but after that it started working smooth.

I hope you like this utility. Feel free to give your feedback.

Thanks,

Rajan Garg