List does not exist

Dec 15, 2011 at 1:37 PM

I successfully added the solution and it shows the Convert Document button; however when I select a document and click Convert Document it comes back with the following:

Error List does not exist.
The page you selected contains a list that does not exist.  It may have been deleted by another user. 
Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation. 
Correlation ID: 6ddaf552-3bbc-4b06-8ac9-c6ce1d4ff9c3 
Date and Time: 12/15/2011 8:35:53 AM 

Thanks,

James

Coordinator
Dec 15, 2011 at 3:37 PM

Hi James,

Thanks for trying SharePoint Document Converter tool.

Are you using SharePoint Foundation or SharePoint Server (Standard or Enterprise)?

In SharePoint foundation, we don't have Word Automation Services. So, this solution will not work there. :(

You need to install SharePoint Server Standard or Enterprise edition.

Also before using this solution make sure the following things:

- Word Automation Service should be configured and running for Web Application where you have deployed the solution.

- Word Automation Service name should be "Word Automation Services". This is the default service name. You can download source code and change as per your environment.

Please try this solution after making above changes. Let me know if you need any help or clarifications.

Cheers,

Rajan Garg

Jan 22, 2012 at 12:43 AM
Edited Jan 22, 2012 at 12:44 AM

I was successfully able to use the solution on one site collection and when tried to perform the sma eactions on another site collection got the following error.

List does not exist.
The page you selected contains a list that does not exist.  It may have been deleted by another user.
Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.
Correlation ID: eb683db2-0fc8-4092-b143-48a09107d5d4
Date and Time: 1/21/2012 7:42:50 PM

What would be the issue?

Coordinator
Jan 22, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Hi Vijay,

Using correlation ID, can you get more details from log files? You can use ULS viewer to get details fast.

Check this article for how to use correlation ID: http://sharepoint.microsoft.com/Blogs/GetThePoint/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=353

I think your problem is related with Alternate  Access Mapping (AAM). Can you verify AAM is configured properly?

Thanks,

Rajan Garg

Developer
Jan 24, 2012 at 11:05 PM
Edited Jan 24, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Hi RajanGarg,

Thanks for your hard work!

I think I found the reason.   When trying to use this feature in "sub site collection", it will not be able to get  the correct library.

For example, it works well in "http://server:port/", but when the library is in "http://server:port/sites/finance", then it will complain "List does not exist".

Coordinator
Jan 25, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Hi Fangdabahi,

I will work on this and release fix in next patch.

Thanks for pointing in right direction.

Rajan Garg

Coordinator
Jan 31, 2012 at 9:03 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.